Sunday, November 8, 2009

New Story Post: "Jack-Knife"

"Jack-Knife: A Melodrama Inspired from Life, in Fourteen Vocal Tableaux" is the second of my uncollected stories to be hosted through Dark is Better. First published in Shivers IV (Cemetery Dance), it owes a great deal to my entirely predictable adolescent interest in Ripperiana; I wrote it initially wit the idea of submitting it to the Canadian Broadcasting Company as a radio play, inspired by my mother's participation in sound-horror series like Nightfall...but strangely enough, they proved none too keen. I wonder why?

1 comment:

  1. I very much enjoyed this piece - especially the sliding back and forth between sanity and insanity that Jack experiences. Totally didn't expect the ending!

    I hate blogger's comment system. Ooh.

    ReplyDelete