Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Post, New Offers

On Wednesday, I finished Draft Zero of A Book of Tongues; today was mainly spent editing it, and tomorrow it gets sent off to my ChiZine publisher/editors (along with others), who hopefully will have advice for me on where best to cut 20,000 words out. Seems like a lot, but as my husband points out, that's basically just 1,000 words per each of the novel's 22 chapters.

Meanwhile, I've also been busy trying to shore up my professional 'Net-presence, something that's fallen woefully behind because of my tight writing schedule this year. One of the first things I've done, aside from spruce this place up a bit, is to post the entire text of my IHG award-winning story "The Emperor's Old Bones" (see sidebar, or cut and paste to access it directly here http://sites.google.com/site/theemperorsoldbones/) as a sort of combination calling card and standards/practices demonstration model for the typical Gemma Files (tm) product: If you find this isn't the sort of thing you like, you may very well want to avoid the rest of my stuff on principle. In other words, folks, this may be triggery...but then again, what'd you expect? It's horror.

Finally, you'll note that the same sidebar provides handy links for ordering my collections, the latest anthologies I've appeared in, and both seasons of The Hunger TV series on DVD. There's also a new site, Dark is Better, where I'll be archiving my uncollected fiction and even posting brand-new stuff. More as this evolves.

For now, thanks for stopping by. I intend to be here a lot more often, from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment