Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Multi-Media

Here I am talking to the charming and voluble Kris Abel at What She Said eBook Cafe, on SoundCloud (https://soundcloud.com/whatshesaidtalk/author-gemma-files-talks-experimental-film-what-she-said-ebook-cafe). The topics range from Experimental Film (natch) to Matthew Bright's Freeway and John Connolly's Charlie Parker mystery series. Abel's a fun guy, and asked some interesting questions.

Meanwhile, here's a link to video of me reading my story "Ghost Pressure" (which can be found in the anthology What the #@&% Is That?!) at this Saturday's Great Lakes Horror Company Women in Horror Reading, at SeeScape in Toronto (https://www.periscope.tv/damnedlibrary/1gqxvqPeVWgJB?t=8m).  My thanks to Monica S. Kuebler of Library of the Damned for A) taking it and B) hosting it. It starts about five minutes in, but be aware that you can slide the cursor at the bottom of the frame along to get back to the beginning. The night was a fun one, and I'm surprised to see I not only sound reasonably good but don't look entirely like crap, either.

1 comment: